We’re proud of you for taking this first step to honor your creativity.
We’re going to make it simple and fun to get started.
- Fill out the application form below. You will see a box in which you can paste a 250-500 word writing sample. This can be something new, something published, an opening, an ending, or your favorite scene. All genres, all styles are welcome. if it is a graphic piece or something that won’t work to copy and paste, please drop us an email (email@example.com) and we will advise you the best way to send it.
- There is a $50 application fee. You can send a check, but that takes time and we do fill up fast.WBTW prefers to use PAYPAL. * button*
(The small service fee is not refundable. The $50 application fee is fully refundable.)
- If you are accepted, you will be notified via email and your application fee will apply toward your retreat fee.
- The balance of $400 for the 3 day retreat or $600 for the 5 day retreat is due 1 month before the start date. We will send a reminder and a Paypal link.
- If you are not accepted, your application fee minus the service charge will be directly refunded to your Paypal account.
- We strive to notify all applicants in a timely manner, generally in 10 days or less.
Write By The Water retreats and workshops are offered on a limited basis to accepted participants. Former applicants will be considered on the same basis as all other applicants. WBTW practices non-discrimination and considers all potential applicants based on their registration information and writing sample.
When you apply to attend a retreat, you are (1) reserving a spot that prevents another writer from reserving, (2) being counted in the minimum number of enrollments, which sometimes determines whether or not the retreat will run. Because of this, you must cancel no less than 3 weeks in advance of the start date. Refunds (minus a cancellation fee of $50) are available for those who cancel at least three weeks before the retreat. If you cancel less than three weeks before the retreat start date, no refund is available. If a retreat is cancelled by Write by the Water for any reason, all payments and deposits will be refunded in full.
I have more questions…
Good. We like the curious ones. Come over here and scroll our FAQ page.