This started as a fantastic idea: A writing retreat. Pretty place. Smart, helpful people. Life changing choice.
Yep.Write by the Water is all of those things, and you are equally smart and pretty for choosing us, and for that, we applaud you. ***clapping, whistling and more clapping****
Maybe you’re feeling a little unsure, confused, even…Okay, let’s start with the obvious stuff.
If you have signed up for a “guided” retreat ( these are 5-8 days in length and feature a writer in residence, plus literary extras), then:
- Our writer in residence is going to give you guidance, in the form of 5 morning gatherings, where the topic is writing—both the business end and the craft aspect of the deal.
- If you’d like, you can even set up a private meeting, where you’ll receive an individual critique addressing particular needs. This is a separate charge from the workshop, and the work in progress would need to be sent in advance of the retreat date. (more info on this during application period)
- You will have time to write. Bring what you’ll need. Laptop? Charger? Extra battery? Notebook? Pen? Extra pen? Walking shoes. Headphones and music? You get the picture.
If you have signed up for a writing escape ( a mini-retreat from 3-5 days at the Blue Mountain Beach, Florida location), then:
- You’ll be using this time however you like- from creating new work to rewriting, to networking and marketing. No one is looking over your shoulder… but, be warned, in the presence of other writers you’re going to WANT to work.
- We’ll let your time be your time, but will ask you to abide by the house rules. You, know, like your Momma taught you.
- There will be breakfast and coffee all day long, plus an evening happy hour cocktail. Check-in at noon the first day, check-out at noon on the last. See? Easy.
This all sounds perfect, but I am not great at planning. Can you help?
Sure. We’re not a travel agency, but we give good advice, and with our friend, Mr. Google, we can find about a dozen low cost flight options, whether you’re traveling to us internationally or coming in from upstate.
Northwest Florida Regional AIrport (VPS )serving Destin and Fort Walton Beach, FL
or… if you must ( farther road travel time) Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) in Panama City Beach, FL